St. Malachys Edendork GAC - Win a VW Golf
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to Members only. However, anyone may become a Social member of St Malachys Edendork GAC and application for a ticket for the competition will also comprise application for membership until the competition has been carried out. Once you purchase a ticket, you become a social member of St Malachy’s Edendork GAC up until the date of the competition unless you shall cease to be a member as provided in the rules of the Gaelic Athletic Association. The cost of the membership and entry to the competition is £20.
Note: The promoters of the competition (being the Steering Group),their professional advisers or those involved with operating the competition’s Website or administering the competition ,are not eligible to become a Ticket Holder.
2. Only those who have purchased this membership ticket are eligible to participate in this competition.
3. St Malachys Edendork GAC is established and conducted exclusively for the charitable purposes of the competition and not for any purposes connected with gaming, wagering or lotteries.
4. Any public notice or announcement about this competition is intended as a notice to members of St Malachys Edendork GAC or to other persons directly concerned and not the general public.
5. All members of St Malachy’s Edendork GAC participating in this competition are subject to the rules of the Gaelic Athletic Association.
6. All disputes, differences and questions of any nature which at any time may arise between the purchaser of a ticket and the organisers of St Malachys Edendork GAC ‘Win a VW Golf’ competition shall be referred to an independent arbitrator to be nominated by the Chairman of St Malachys Edendork GAC to determine the dispute, differences or issues.
7. The Trustees and members of the Executive Committee of St Malachys Edendork GAC, including the organisers of St Malachys Edendork GAC private membership ‘Win a VW Golf’ competition shall not be liable for any loss suffered by any member/members of St Malachy’s Edendork GAC participating in the competition.
8. The organisers of this competition shall not derive any personal profit from it. Member personal information shall only be retained for the purpose and duration of the competition.
9. The charitable purpose of the Competition is to raise funds for the benefit of developing and enhancing the Edendork GAC Club and the facilities for the said Club and wider community.
10. The prize is as stated on the website www.winwithedendork.com and no alternatives will be considered.
11. The first prize is a car (2023 VW Golf 8 R-Line 2.0 TDI 150PS 6-speed Manual 5 Door) The car will be available immediately.
12. Any further information about the prize competition can also be found on www.winwithedendork.com
13. Entrants must answer a qualifying question “How many years in a decade?” Only entries with a correct answers will be allowed in the competition. Prize competition with a qualifying question and postal route are not considered gambling and are not registered as such when there is a postal entry route.
14. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR):
(a) The Club will retain and use the Member’s personal data for the duration of Membership and for a reasonable period thereafter.
(b) On purchasing Membership each Member agrees to the use of his or her details being used solely in connection with this Competition and their Membership of the Club. Personal data of any kind will not be disclosed to a Third Party without the Member’s consent.
(c) The Winner hereby agrees and consents to the use of his or her personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the Competition.
(d) The Winner hereby also agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to relevant third parties to effect the transfer of the car to him or her.
15. All members shall be entitled to attend and witness the competition and all will be kept informed of the selected draw date on the club website and social media platforms.
16. The draw will take place on Sunday 31st March 2024. St Malachy’s Edendork GAC reserve the right to change the date of the competition due to any unforeseen circumstances. Any such unavoidable change will be notified to all members on our website and social media platforms.
17. The winning entry will be subject to verification by St Malachy’s Edendork GAC and their agents. This process may take up to 7 days to complete.
18. St Malachys Edendork GAC shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of its obligations if caused by factors outside it’s control.
19. The implementation, conduct and verification of this competition will be fully supervised by an independent adjudicator. The identity of the adjudicator will be notified to all members on our website and social media platforms not less than 14 days in advance of the date of the competition.
20. St Malachys Edendork GAC reserves the right to cancel the Competition and if for any reason the Competition shall not proceed, members who purchased membership entries will be refunded the sum of 90% of their entry value (the balance of the competition funds being retained by St Malachy’s Edendork GAC to defray expenses incurred in the running of the competition; your subscription for membership and a entry shall be deemed to be a consent to this retention) and St Malachys Edendork GAC shall not be liable in respect of such cancellation save to the extent of the refund.
21. The minimum number of entrants required for the competition to take place is 5000 (Five Thousand) (“ the minimum number of Entrants”) . If, within 48 hours of the competition taking place, the number of Ticket Holders is less than the minimum number of Entrants, the competition shall be cancelled or postponed as St Malachy’s Edendork GAC sees fit and arrangements made as soon as reasonably possible thereafter to refund the value of 90% of their entrant price to each of the subscribing members.
22. Membership entries may not be purchased by Minors, However, an adult may buy one in Trust as a gift for someone under 18 Years.
23. Once purchased no refunds will be issued except in the event of cancellation of the competition.
24. There is no limit on the number of entries available.
25. The winner will be responsible for all their own legal and other costs involved in the registration of the car with the relevant authorities including insurance.
26. The Club decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the competition or the competition result.
27. After the competition has taken place and the Car has been registered in the name of the winner(s), the club will have no direct or indirect financial interest in the said car and will be free from any encumbrances in favour of the club.
28. The photograph on the website is of a 2023 VW Golf 2.0 TDi but is for illustration purposes only. The winner(s) of the “Win A VW Golf” competition shall accept the fit out and finish of the car as provided in the relevant contracts for sale without recourse to The Club (Supplier) on completion of the competition.
29. The Ownership to the car will be transferred to the Winner free from any financial interest, entitlement or encumbrances in favour of the Club as soon as practicable following the Competition.
30. Errors and Omissions Excepted. The Club its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communications failure, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries, applications, Memberships or otherwise.
31. A postal entry route is available by entering the competition in the following way:
Go to the Website and select the competition you wish to enter to view the Competition Question;
- Send an unenclosed postcard to Edendork St Malachys GAC, 51 Rossmore Road, Dungannon, Co.Tyrone, BT71 4BJ
- The full complete name/title of the competition that you are entering;
- Your full name and postal address;
- Telephone number and email address;
- Your date of birth;
- Your answer to the Competition Question.
- State that you accept the terms and conditions
Important Information regarding entries
- Postal entries are limited to one per household per competition.
- Postal entries must be received before closing date. Any postal entries received after this date will not be processed and correct entries will not be entered into the competition.
- If Postal entries are received after the competition is closed, they will not be processed.
- It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that their entry is received by the Promoter in advance of the deadline.
- The Organiser is under no obligation to confirm whether or not an entry was received prior to the deadline or whether the Entrant’s answer to the Competition Question was correct.
- Any Postal entry not complying with the entry requirements contained in clause 31 shall be disqualified and not entered into the competition.
- All entries must be submitted in the English language. Entries in languages other than English will automatically be disqualified and no refund will be given.
- We are under no obligation to correspond regarding postal entries.
- The Organiser will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not successfully completed, are lost or are delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal delays, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
32. The Club reserves the right to add additional prizes to the Competition. The addition of any such prizes will be notified to the Members as soon as practicable once added to the Competition and will also be available on the website.
33. The Winner will be announced within 14 days of the competition by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS.
34. In order to claim the prize, the Winner must contact the Club by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or and/or SMS or in person at the Club’s registered location as set out herein.
35. The Winner may be subject to verification by the Club and this process may take up to 7 days to complete once the Winner has claimed their prize.
36. If the Winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 14 days of the notification of same the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
37. The Club reserves the right at all times to amend the Competition and the Terms and Conditions herein set out and in purchasing Membership each Member consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The Club further reserves the right to cancel this Competition for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any change to the Competition or these Terms and Conditions will be notified to the Members as soon as practicable in respect thereof.
38. The prize(s) is/are not transferable.
39. The Winner will be responsible for the costs associated with the up keep of the car once completed and does so without any recourse to the Club.